Happy Tuesday, people of San Antonio! Let’s start today off on an informed note, shall we? Here’s everything you need to know about what’s happening today in San Antonio.
First, today’s weather:
Partly sunny and breezy. High: 95 Low: 73.
🏡 Are you a local real estate agent? Let us help you generate leads, build your brand in San Antonio and stand apart from the competition. Click here to learn more.
Here are the top stories in San Antonio today:
- San Antonio Mayor Ron Nirenberg and Sewell Chan, editor-in-chief of The Texas Tribune, will be speaking on Wednesday, May 25 at San Antonio College’s McAllister Auditorium, located at 1819 N. Main Ave. Complimentary lunch and networking will take place at 11:30 am followed by the “hourlong conversation event” at Noon. The discussion will include topics such as “the latest on battles over local control and what’s next for the Alamo City.” Free parking will also be available in the North Parking lot. If you are interested in attending, please register for the conversation here, and for more information visit: (mySA)
- San Antonio bar and restaurant Bar Loretta which “opened in August of 2021” features menu items “from musician-turned-chef Paul Petersen and drink offerings from Houston-based cocktail guru Michael Neff.” The new venue located at 320 Beauregard St. is presently competing “against nine other drinkeries” for the Tales of the Cocktail Foundation Spirited Award. The winner will receive “the title of Best New US Cocktail Bar – US Central” and “will be announced at the 2022 Tales of the Cocktail conference” which will be held in New Orleans from July 25-29. For more details on the conference and other award participants, please visit: (San Antonio Current)
- On Thursday, May 5, a second local PJ’s Coffee location “inspired by the world-famous French Quarter” held their grand opening at 9739 IH 10 West near Camp Bullis. Co-owner Deborah Bomba said, “There’s nothing that compares to PJ’s true farm-to-cup experience in the area, so we’re excited to serve the freshest, most delicious cup of coffee we possibly can deliver.” The shop is open daily from 5:30 am-9 pm For more information click here and visit: (KENS5.com)
From our sponsor:
Today’s newsletter is brought to you in part by Ring, a Patch Brand Partner. Did you know that Ring now makes a home security system that provides protection both online and off? It’s called Ring Alarm Pro, a DIY home security system that includes a built-in eero Wi-Fi 6 router.
To learn more about the security system that offers reliable physical and digital security in one innovative deviceor to build your own custom system, you can visit Ring here.
Today in San Antonio:
From my notebook:
- “San Antonio Pets Alive! (SAPA!) Empty the Shelters continues until Sunday, May 15! Visit https://www.sanantoniopetsalive.org/adopt to view all the cats and dogs available for adoption! This Saturday, May 14, SAPA! will be having an adoption event at their Medical Care Center location at 9107 Marbach Rd, Suite 109 from Noon-4 pm All are welcome! “(Instagram)
- “The Arneson River Theater at the Shops of La Villita is known for great entertainment on the San Antonio River Walk! Come enjoy the music and culture of San Antonio at this local gem. For details visit https://bit.ly/3gD3eax. “(Facebook)
- “Get ready for movie night at our ‘Music, Movies and More Event!’ Shop from a wide selection of media such as CDs, DVDs, Vinyl, and more at our Goodwill store located at 1048 Junction Hwy. The event will take place on Saturday, May 14, from 10 am-8pm “(Facebook)
- “A neighbor from Fox Run is looking for recommendations for lawn services, hopefully at a good price. Please contact them via the Nextdoor site.” (Nextdoor)
You’re all caught up for today. See you all tomorrow for another update!
– Gabriela Couvillion
About me: I’m an active mom of two grown sons and lifelong San Antonio resident. I received a BA in Spanish from the University of Texas at San Antonio, and in my free time I immerse myself in creative writing. Thanks for reading Patch, and feel free to reach out if you have any news and happenings you think may appeal to our readers!
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming San Antonio Daily? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org